The essential purpose of the Self-Study is to request continued accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission. At the same time, the aim of the self-study process the College engaged in was to examine its effectiveness as an institution of higher learning and to document fully where the College is now, where it is going, and where it would like to be.
The specific objectives for the Self-Study process were to:
- Involve as many members of the College community as possible
- Conduct the self-study in an orderly and timely fashion
- Examine overall institutional effectiveness
- Identify the College’s strengths, concerns, and challenges
- Provide a model for going forward with continuous improvement
- Provide a report for peers and the community