The SC4 Alumni Association and St. Clair County Community College love to share news about appointments, degrees earned, job promotions and other events in the lives of our alumni. The items below were submitted by alums. Click here to submit your news.
- Robert Dazer of Port Huron retired in 2007 after a career that included more than 23 years with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. He also worked as a case worker with the Department of Social Services. He was vice president of the Southside Coalition for five years. He graduated from Western Michigan University and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
- Jennifer Stanek of Marine City is a Licensed Practical Nurse at Select Specialty Hospital in Mount Clemens.
- Diane Hryciuk of Grosse Pointe Woods is a regional nurse for Trinity Senior Living Communities. She received her bachelor of science degree in nursing from Oakland University in 1995 and a master of science degree in nursing from Oakland in 1998.
- Daniel Gray of El Paso, Texas has served in the U.S. Army since 1984 and is a Major in the Army Nurse Corps., currently stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas. He completed a 15-month tour of Iraq in 2007. He was previously an adjunct clinical instructor at SC4 and is on military leave from positions as an adjunct clinical instructor for Macomb Community College and St. John Hospital. He received his bachelor's degree in nursing from the University of Phoenix in 2006. He has two children attending Marysville High School.
- John Prange of Port Huron will graduate in June 2013 with a bachelor of business administration degree with a major in management and a minor in marketing from Walsh College.
- Scott Shine of St. Clair is the executive director of the Arc of St. Clair County. He graduated from Central Michigan University with a bachelor of science degree in sociology with a concentration in criminal justice. Prior to working at the Arc, he worked for the Blue Water Center for Independent Living.
- Calvin Bassil of Columbus Township is Sports and Leagues Team Leader (Sports Director) for the YMCA of the Blue Water Area. He graduated from Western Illinois University with a bachelor's degree in recreation park and tourism administration and a minor in business marketing.
- Dianna (Farenger) Gill of Marine City is pursuing her master's degree in criminal justice at Northern Michigan University while working part-time as a substitute teacher.
- John Ogden of Port Huron is director of finance for the City of Port Huron.
- Paul Torres of Port Huron has started his own business, Torres Tax & Accounting Services, LLC. He also works as a tutor/supplemental instructor for SC4's TRiO – Student Support Services.
- Gordon R. Stephens of Port Huron has written a book, titled Dillinger & Youngblood's Wooden Gun.
- Amanda Marie Slaten Frasier of Howell has earned a five-year fellowship and is working on her doctorate degree in educational policy at Michigan State University. She has earned a bachelor's degree in secondary education from Central Michigan University and her master of library science degree from East Carolina University. She taught high school English for five years in Virginia and North Carolina.
- Brandelyn D. Eason of Sandusky is chief executive officer of Home Sweet Homecare.
- Dave Sheldon of Fort Gratiot has been a biology professor at St. Clair County Community College since 2000.
- Donald W. Shannon of Kenockee Township is a truck driver and material handler at Marshall E. Campbell Co.
- Michael R. Eastwood of Marysville is manager of patient access at McLaren Oakland.
- Kristina Morton of Port Huron has graduated from Ferris State University with a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice, with honors.
- Dawn Carlisle of Marysville is taking classes toward her bachelor's degree at Ferris State University through SC4's University Center.
- Amanda Scott Janisse of Roscommon is executive director at Mercy Hospital/AuSable Free Clinic.
- Megan Leyva of Croswell this spring will graduate from the University of Phoenix with a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice administration. She plans to take her law school admissions test this fall in hopes to attend law school in fall 2013.
- Charles A May II of Port Huron is a paraprofessional at Central Middle School and teaches in the After School Program for the Port Huron Area School District. He also works at Kroger.
- The Rev. Anthony Russell of Memphis, Mich. is chief executive officer of Start Fresh Recovery and co-pastor of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church In Port Huron.
- Kaylen Charron of St. Clair went on to earn a bachelor's degree in graphic design and is working in the mental health industry.
- Daniel Fortuna of Clinton Township is a charge nurse at Autumn Woods Health Care Facility in Warren.
- Derek Smith of Riley Township earned his bachelor of science in finance and his master of business administration in international business from Oakland University. He has completed academic study trips to Asia and Europe.
- Joshua M. Vamvas of Capac is a corrections officer for the Michigan Department of Corrections.
- Margery (Caughell) Guinther of China Township taught as a media center teacher for Utica Community Schools for 36 years.
- Brandon Thompson of Flint is attending Concordia University in Ann Arbor. He attended SC4 from 2009 to 2011.
- Brian R. McLaren Sr. of Emmett is finishing up a degree in wind energy and turbine technology at Iowa Lakes Community College in Estherville. He also is working toward his private pilot's license.
- Michelle (Kovach) Silverman of Melbourne, Fla., attended SC4 from 1976 to 1978. She graduated from Michigan State University in 1982 and moved to Florida in 1985. She is married with three children.
- Badawi Junaidi of Hebron, West Bank, Israel, attended SC4 from 1983 to 1985. Junaidi graduated from Central Michigan University and owns Sahara Home Accessories outside Jerusalem.
- Paula Randolph of Applegate attended SC4 from 1994 to 1997. She is a payroll and benefits specialist for Xede Consulting.
- Renae L. Arthur of Lake Mary, Fla., is a registered nurse at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
- Yadah (Fa'atiga) Ricci of Columbus Township is a bookkeeper and accountant for Haven AFC.
- William Schneider of Port Huron is a technical services representative with Meijer Inc.
- Katie Bartle of Yale is an advertising assistant for the Times Herald in Port Huron.
- Kevin McAlpine of Warren is director of development for the College of Fine, Performing and Communication Arts at Wayne State University.
- Carolyn (Kramp) Henderson of Port Huron is a scribe at Orthopedic Associates of Port Huron.
- Ashley Voss of Warren is a registered emergency department nurse at St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit.
- Adam Owen of Marine City graduated in May 2010 from Northwood University with a bachelor of business administration degree in automotive marketing and business management. He works as a sales consultant at Meade Lexus of Lakeside.
- Kathleen Smith of Columbus Township is a medical intensive care unit nurse manager at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital.
- Daniel Butler of Lexington in May is earning his bachelor of arts degree in music business with a concentration in talent and touring management from Columbia College Chicago.
- Charles Wszol of Gatinau, Quebec, is a food safety and fair labelling practices officer for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Michael Rogensues of Clinton Township in September will begin a two-year contract teaching law and business to students at Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Rogensues earned his bachelor of business administration from Western Michigan University and his law degree from the Michigan State University School of Law.
- Kimberly (Emig) Mayhew earned her bachelor of social work from Wayne State University and worked in fields such as mental health worker and substance abuse worker. Currently she is a stay-at-home mom.
- Adam Verbeke of China Township is an officer with the Detroit Police Department.
- Libby (Castano) Leavy of West Springfield, Mass., is a retired faculty member from Westfield State College in Massachusets.
- The Rev. Thomas J. Seppo of Fort Gratiot is executive director of Operation Transformation, a faith-based non-profit agency in Port Huron. He also has served as chaplain for the St. Clair County Sheriff Department since 2002.
- Vickie (Curnow) Ledsworth of Port Huron is president and chief executive officer of the Blue Water Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Jennifer (Westbrook) Allen of Port Huron works as a back-up supervisor at Marwood Nursing and Rehab.
- Steven J. Amey of Port Huron is a detective at the St. Clair County Sheriff Department and a criminal justice instructor at SC4.
- Susan Armstrong of Fort Gratiot serves part time at Hillside Wesleyan Church as counseling pastor. She also is an independent director with Thirty-One Gifts.
- Larry McDaid of Port Huron is a retired computer information systems professor from Muskegon Community College.
- Naomi Page of Richmond Township is a social service specialist with the State of Michigan.
- Russ Snow of Seattle is senior design engineer/project manager at Hammond Collier Wade-Livingstone Inc.
- Carol S. (Russell) Whiting of Port Huron is a photo specialist at Wal-Mart. She also is a after-school program substitute leader at Trinity Lutheran Church in Port Huron.
- James Arpan of Clay Township is a licensed practical nurse at Marwood Nursing and Rehab.
- Kelly Adam Burla of Komoka, Ontario, is a crane operator at Ellis Don Corp.
- Michele Chambers of Soencer, Ind., is studying to become a registered nurse at the University of Indianapolis.
- Jeffrey Coulter of Port Huron is a security guard at Palace Sports and Entertainment.
- Rob George of Orlando, Fla., is a registered nurse at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
- Richard A. Harp of Burtchville Township is a tax accountant at Great Lakes Tax Accounting Services Co.
- Melanie Landschoot of Port Huron is a teacher at Landmark Academy High School.
- Charles Johnson of Fort Gratiot is an instrument and control technician at DTE Energy.
- Judy Schick of Memphis is assistant to the principal with Memphis Community Schools.
- Teresa "Terri" Tabaczynski of Ubly is a registered nurse at Hills and Dales General Hospital and Deckerville Community Hospital.
- Scott P. Zochowski of Royal Oak is an attorney with his own practice, Zochowski Law.
- Maureen Corbin of Attica is a staff nurse at Lake Orion Nursing Center.
- Ryan Funk of Jacksonville, Fla., is a law student at Florida Coastal School of Law.
- Jack Hillis of Sykesville, Md., retired from the U.S. Navy in July after 20 years of service.
- Michele Westrick of St. Clair is a radiologic technologist at Henry Ford Health System.
- Terry Brooks of Eastpointe is a graduate nurse at William Beaumont Hospital.
- Cherie Jackson of Goodells is a licensed practical staff nurse at Harbor Chase.
- Jim McElroy of Austin, Texas, is financial manager in the Office of Social Services for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
- Stephanie McLaren of Emmett is a registered nurse at Port Huron Hospital.
- Trudy (Kuiper) Bellaire of Sarnia, Ontario, is owner and designer at Interiors by Design.
- Chris Dams of Lapeer is quality manager at Anderson-Cook.
- Susan Dykstra of Carsonville is studying environmental science and planning at the University of Michigan.
- Michelle Gapshes of Clyde Township is manager of customer accounting at SEMCO Energy.
- Terry Harrington of Port Huron is assistant director of education technology at St. Clair County Regional Educational Service Agency.
- Jayson Harding of Avoca is studying management/marketing at Northwood University in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Michelle Ann Maxfield-Bedwell of Metamora is president of A.B.B. Inc.
- Phelica V. Meyer of Lakeport is a teacher at New Life Christian Academy.
- Ken Smith of East China Township recently retired as a vice president of supply chain management in the automotive industry. He has accepted the position of campus director for Ross Medical Education Center in Port Huron.
- Anna Conley of Marysville is an accounting clerk for the Blue Water Area Transportation Commission.
- Cheryl Dancey of Utica is a manager of development information systems at Walsh College.
- Alicia Day of Port Huron is a licensed practical nurse at Regency on the Lake.
- Kristine (Tweddle) Furtaw of Columbus Township is a regional vice president at Ross Medical Education Center.
- Carol R. Warwick of Port Huron is a retired teacher from the Port Huron Area School District.
- Connie Denise (Gill) Babinchak of Troy is a registered nurse at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital.
- Rhonda Callahan of Port Huron is a paraprofessional for the Port Huron Area School District and a residential technician for Blue Water Developmental Housing.
- Susan Dougherty-Fitzpatrick of Croswell is a teacher at Croswell-Lexington Middle School.
- Sandra Evans of Sterling Heights is a clinical nurse specialist at Beaumont Hospital – Royal Oak.
- Joseph Grabowski of Longmont, Colo., is an all purpose food clerk for Safeway.
Marion (Meno) Knuth of Croswell is retiring after 41 years of teaching, the last 39 of those years for Croswell-Lexington Community Schools.
Branislav Kotur of Westfield, Ind., is an engineering manager for Delphi.
Tim LaVere of West Branch is senior pastor at Faith Alive Church in Saint Helen.
Ruth Paciorek of Metamora has opened her own design studio in Metamora.
Amy (Bizoukas) Peters of Lapeer is nurse manager of the Emergency Department at Lapeer Regional Medical Center.
Jessica Schaldenbrand of Casco Township is procedure coordinator at Sunsation Powerboats and is taking classes at SC4 to become a nurse.
John Shirkey of Detroit teaches drafting and CAD at Southfield High School.
John “Jack” Stubbs of Fon du Lac, Wis., is pastor of Salem United Methodist Church in Fond du Lac.
Maria (Losekamp) Webb of Port Huron is an adjunct business instructor at SC4 and also a rental property owner and manager.
- Amy Coleman of Macomb Township is vice president of finance at The Kresge Foundation.
- Sue Csizmadia of Carsonville earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing and is working as a nurse.
- Dayna Duffiney of Bellaire graduated from Oakland University with a bachelor of general studies degree.
- Suzanne Kaye Higgins of Aiken, S.C., graduated from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
- Oscar Jack Martin Jr. of Marysville has opened his own home video studio business.
- Mary (O’Farrell) Silver of Seneca, S.C., is retired after 27 years in the nursing field.
- Laurie (Tait) Strachan of Croswell is director of nursing at Sanilac Medical Care Facility in Sandusky.
- Derek Willis of Port Sanilac is pursuing his master's degree in English at Wayne State University.
- Michelle (Long) Andris of Tuscon, Ariz., is a hospice nurse.
- Deborah Bassett-Maxwell of Kimball Township is an artist and owns Red Mudd Studio.
- Heather Blake of Arlington, Va., is a fourth-grade teacher at Arlington Public Schools.
- Julie Boggs of Chesterfield Township works as a registered nurse at Henry Ford Macomb hospital and is pursuing her bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of Michigan-Flint.
- Carrie Collins-Fadell of Port Huron is director of public policy for the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Michigan Chapter.
- Todd Hix of Grand Haven is a registered nurse at Muskegon Correctional State Prison.
- Robert Kelch of Ypsilanti is a detective with the Michigan State Police.
- Debra (Racz) Ladensack of Burtchville Township is principal at Fort Gratiot Middle School.
- Julia McDonald of Deerfield Beach, Fla., is a retired registered nurse.
- Traci L. Palmateer of Yale is a licensed funeral director for Pollock-Randall Funeral Home.
- Kathleen Poore of Clinton Township is manager of health education and outreach for Beaumont in Troy.
- Stacy (Schoenberg) Rayman of Ostego is a physical therapist and earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Grand Valley State University.
- Heather Robinson of Port Huron graduated from Wayne State University with a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice.
- Margaret Seres-Burkart of East Lansing works in the business office of the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University.
- Robert Bodley of Port Huron is a retired tool and die designer for Mueller Brass Co.
- Christina (Kopack) Engleman of Spring Hill, Fla., is working as a nurse.
- Suzanne Kaye Higgins of Lansing is in her third year at the Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
- Linda (McElroy) Partridge of Marysville is a senior exercise teacher at the YMCA of the Blue Water Area.
- Denise Ritter of Houston works as an environmental geoscientist and earned her bachelor of science degree in geology from Central Michigan University.
- Jeanette (Koshay) Williams of Mason is a sergeant with the Michigan State Police.
- Linda Dahn of Port Huron is retired and does voluntary mission work with her husband, Jim.
- Mary (Lockwood) Harvey of Croswell and her husband, Matt, have five children.
- Scott Klein of Hamtramck has served on the Hamtramck City Council since 2003. He was a 2002 National Poetry Slam coach.
- Kerrie A. (Dzurisin) LeBlanc of Roseville works at Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center.
- Vicki (Slover) Revoldt of Almont works as an instructor at SC4, Mott Community College and Davenport University, as well as provides training to MichiganWorks!
- Jay Shields Saph II of Gaylord is attending Grace Baptist College in Gaylord with plans to graduate in spring 2008 with bachelor of biblical studies in missions degree.
- Casandra Ulbrich of Rochester Hills is a senior director of development at Wayne State University. In 2006, she was elected to the state Board of Education.