New College Housing


St. Clair County Community College’s new student residence hall is just steps away from classes and campus life in downtown Port Huron. Referred to as The Dock, housing units will be fully-furnished and will provide up to 80 students with easy access to the area’s great dining and entertainment options, recreation and outdoor activities, and potential employment opportunities with local businesses.

Additionally, all students living in housing will pay in-district tuition rates.

Need more reasons to apply? 10 reasons to live in housing


  • Double-occupancy rooms (2 residents per room) complete with:
    • XL twin-sized beds (extended length 80 inch length)
    • Furniture
    • Private bathroom
    • High-speed Wi-Fi Internet
    • Heating and air conditioning
  • Communal kitchen/dining area
  • Student lounge
  • Laundry facilities
  • Parking


  • Students must meet ongoing academic and enrollment requirements to live in college housing. Housing residents must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00 and be enrolled in 12 or more credits in the fall and winter semesters.
  • College housing is a substance-free living environment. Residents agree to abstain from the use of alcohol and other drugs regardless of age.
  • St. Clair County Community College is a smoke-free campus, which includes the residence hall.

Have questions? Contact us: – (810) 989-5557

 Outside of the SC4 College Housing building

Rates and billing

Double occupancy rates for the following 2019-20 academic year:

Fall Semester – $2,625

Winter Semester – $2,635

Pricing includes all utilities, high-speed Wi-Fi internet and parking.
Pricing does not include the optional Elevate Meal Plan.

Out-of-district students living in College Housing pay in-district tuition rates.

For alternative living arrangement requests, please contact or call 810-989-5557.

Payment methods

Please pay via one of the following methods:

In person
Business Office – Main Building 220
Cash, check, money order, credit card (Visa, Discover, MasterCard)

By mail
Business Office Address:                             

Business Office – MB 220
323 Erie St.
PO Box 5015
Port Huron, MI 48061-5015

Check or money order
Please make checks payable to St. Clair County Community College.

By phone
Business Office Number: (810) 989-5513
Credit card (Visa, Discover, MasterCard)

Nelnet Payment Plan

Financial aid

Financial aid does go toward the cost of housing, just like normal tuition (except for the security deposit). Understand however, that by living on campus, financial aid packages may adjust higher or lower, depending on the original financial aid award . For more information regarding financial aid, please refer to the Financial Aid Office.

Financial Aid Office
Welcome Center 105
(810) 989-5530


Full payments can be broken down over time by using the budget plans provided by Nelnet. For more information regarding the Nelnet Campus Commerce Payment Plan, please refer to Nelnet or the Business Office.

Business Office
Main Building 220
(810) 989-5530

2018-19 academic year

The application process is as follows.

  1. Review the Housing Resident Agreement
  2. Submit the Student Housing Application
    1. We will process the application.
    2. If approved, we will send back a housing contract offer via the resident’s email.
  3. Students will have two weeks to submit the housing contract and a $300 security deposit to reserve space.

The college will continually send out housing contract offers through summer until all vacancies are filled. Housing contract offers are sent on a first-come, first-serve, eligible basis.

Outside of the SC4 College Housing



Elevate meal plan

St. Clair County community college offers students and community members a meal plan by Elevate.

Elevate offers pre-set meal combos from surrounding restaurant partners in downtown Port Huron.

Residents can order on-the-go and pick up at the restaurant.

Elevate offers various meal packages, starting $8.27 per meal. These meal combos would cost more if purchasing without the Elevate plan.

With Elevate, you get both convenience and price savings.

Restaurants partners

Chef Shell’s - Raven Café - Casey’s – Kate’s – Sperry’s Moviehouse – Lynch’s Irish Tavern – Sail in Café and Convenience Store – Maria’s – SC4 Bistro Café – Moe’s Corner Deli –  More to come!

Sign up today

For customer support, please email Elevate at

Please note:

  • Purchasing an Elevate Meal Plan is optional.
  • Elevate costs are independent from college costs.
  • Financial aid, scholarships, grants, etc. do not cover Elevate Meal Plan costs.

Four Students enjoy a restaurant

Frequently asked questions

Is my contract for just a semester or the whole academic year?

Housing contracts are for the full academic year. (Fall and winter semesters)

I am planning to enroll mid-year. Can I apply for winter housing?

Yes. Students can submit a housing application in fall semester to be placed on the housing waitlist. As vacancies open, we will fill vacancies and charge pro-rated amounts for mid-semester placements.

Do I have to pay for parking?

Parking passes are included for residents of housing. The parking pass allows residents to park in any of the residential hall spots on a daily first-come, first-serve basis. For alternative locations, we encourage students to use any of the surrounding 24 hour free city lots or main student lot on campus. Parking passes are available for residents at the front desk. Please bring the following:

  • Student ID
  • Valid driver’s license
  • Vehicle registration information
  • Proof of insurance

Housing does not provide guest parking – please use any of the adjacent Port Huron city lots for visitor parking.

Can I live with my friend?

You can request a roommate preference in your housing application. Housing will only honor mutual roommate requests.

  • You must provide name and contact information for your requested roommate in your application
  • Your requested roommate also must request you as their roommate

If you would like to request a roommate after submitting your application, please email

Once we receive your application we will do our best to pair you with your requested roommate. These requests are not guaranteed.

Is the residence hall co-ed?

Yes, the residence hall is co-ed but men and women do not share rooms. For gender-inclusive living accommodations, please email

Do you have ADA accessible rooms available? How do I apply for ADA Accommodations?

Yes, we do have ADA accessible rooms available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applicants will need to register with disability services in the Achievement Center at SC4 and submit a housing application. Some applicants have special needs that may warrant a single room, or possibly a room on the bottom floor. The same process applies to these special requests. We will honor all recommendations made by the Achievement Center as long as we have the space available.

I will not be attending the college after all. Can I cancel my contract?

Contracts must be canceled in writing via email from the applicant to Cancellations must be received before the first day of check-in and within 7 days of submitting the housing contract for full refund. Cancellations after on and after July 1st will result in a $500 cancellation fee to the student account.

Is there a supervisor living in the residence hall?

St. Clair County Community College has a professional staff member who lives in the residence hall.  Additionally, there are student staff members who live on each floor among the residents.

How safe is living in the residence hall?

The entrance to the residence hall requires a key card and residents are required to escort their guests at all times while in the building. All rooms have individual locks and each room is provided with a mailbox. Campus security or a residential staff professional will be on call and available to residents 24 hours a day.

Will I be able to smoke and drink alcohol in/on the residential property?

No, students (regardless of age) are not permitted to smoke or drink in their rooms, inside the housing complex, or on housing and campus property. This includes the legal use of medicinal marijuana or state-legalized marijuana. St. Clair County Community College is a federally-funded public institution that abides by both state and federal law, thus will continue to abide by the federal legislature of marijuana use and other substances.

What should I bring?

Suggested items below. Residents may need to bring other items.

For bedding: Bedsheets are XL twin (80 inches in length), blanket/comforter, pillow,

For the room: Miniature fridge (optional), 3M Hooks, 3M Command Strips, hangers, desk lamp and room lamp.

For the bathroom: Bath towels, rug set, toilet paper, hand soap, shampoo and cleaning supplies.

For Kitchenware: Coffee maker (must have auto shut off), individual dishware (cup, bowl, and plate), individual utensils, can opener, paper towels, napkins, resealable plastic bags and plastic containers with lids.

Other miscellaneous items: Laundry detergent, fabric softener, laundry basket or bag, renter’s insurance/health insurance, basic room cleaning supplies umbrella, bike, bike "u-lock", batteries, academic supplies and general first aid/health supplies.

Provided items:

XL-length beds (80 inches in length) and mattresses, desks, drawers, chairs, closet space, one-switch room lighting, bathroom plunger, shower curtain, communal vacuum cleaners, brooms, dust pans and bike rack.

In communal kitchen and laundry: Coffee maker and Keurig, communal kitchen refrigerators, microwaves, toasters, frying pans, cooking pots and pans, spatulas, kitchen cleaning rags, disinfectant spray, laundry facilities and coin machine.

Degrees and Programs

Explore all 30+ degrees and programs offered at SC4.


Financial Aid and Scholarships

Find the best options for financing your education at SC4.

Financial aid