Certified Nurse Aide
Are you interested in quickly starting into a new career in healthcare? SC4's Certified Nurse Aide training program is a 96-hour, state-approved curriculum that qualifies you to take the Michigan CNA Exam. While CNAs work in hospitals, they also commonly work in skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, as well as home health aides.
The job outlook for certified nurse aides is very good for the next several years, with expected growth of 13 percent through 2022. The average wage for a CNA is around $13 per hour. With SC4's CNA program, you could be ready to move up to a better income and steady employment in just ten weeks.
Program pre-admission requirements
You will need to complete the following WorkKeys assessments:
- Workforce Documents (Level 3)
- Applied Math (Level 3)
- Graphic Literacy (level 4)
WorkKeys testing costs $50.00 and must be completed prior to registration. To schedule testing at St. Clair County Community College's Testing Center, call (810) 989-5555. Note: Recent high school graduates may have taken WorkKeys assessments already. Contact your high school for test scores.
Requirements for the SC4 CNA Program
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- You'll need to pass a physical examination, including a 10-panel drug screen and provide a current tuberculosis test.
- You should be able to lift at least 50 pounds independently and pull at least 100 pounds.
- You must pass a background check. A misdemeanor or felony may exclude you from admission. Learn more about the background check.
Summer 2018 program
June 5 through August 9, 2018 (day classes)
Course number: ZPAH 159-01
Location: Port Huron campus
9.6 CEUs/96 contact hours
- Books and criminal background check are included in the class fee.
- Scrubs and watch with a second hand required.
- Stethoscope optional.
Scholarships may be available. Admission to this training program is available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, call (810) 989-5666.
Register here (search for "CNA")
Job outlook for certified nurse aides
Average salary: $13.34 per hour in Michigan
Job outlook: 12% increase in Michigan through 2024
Types of jobs available: Certified nurse aide, nursing assistant, hospital assistant
Approved by the Nurse Aide Training Programs, Bureau of Community and Health Systems, Long Term Care Division, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, P.O. Box 30670, Lansing, MI 48909.
Please note: The CNA program is non-credit. While the training is valuable and thorough, no credit from this program counts toward other nursing or healthcare certificates or degrees at SC4.